I simply adore this lovely Unicorn Horn Headbands from Tikkido. They are too adorable. This tutorial is simple and easy – almost no sew project.
What you’ll need
- Felt Cloths
- Needle and Thread
- Glue Gun
- Start by making a bunch of felt flowers.
- Next, the horn – Cut out a triangle of felt with the tip snipped off. Fold the triangle of felt in half, and use a glue gun to glue the long edges together (leave the bottom open for now).
- Turn the cone of felt inside out, so you don’t see the glued (or sewn) seam, and stuff with fluff (found at any craft or fabric store).
- Glue a rough circle of felt to the bottom of the cone to keep the stuffing inside.
- Thread some strong white thread on a needle, and knot the thread. Secure the knotted thread at the tip of the horn, then, wind the thread tightly around felt cone toward the base. Hold the thread securely, keeping it tight, as you knot the thread in the felt at the base of the horn.
- Glue the horn to the top of an inexpensive headband. Cut another circle of felt and glue it to the underside of the horn, sandwiching the headband between the felt horn and felt circle.
- Use the hot glue gun to cover the base of the unicorn horn (the ugly bit where it’s glued to the headband) with the felt flowers and leaves you’ve made.
Hope you enjoy this tutorial from Tikkido. Have fun!!